db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using DDLUtils with Oracle BFile Type
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:43:32 GMT
On 9/28/06, pablo-adrian.gonzalez@nxbp.fr <pablo-adrian.gonzalez@nxbp.fr> wrote:

> I have a problem exporting a database schema with a column of BFILE type.
>
> The Oracle BFILE type is not supported by DDL Utils.
>
> so, I have a couple of questions :
> 1. Is there a way to specify to the ant task databaseToDdl to ignore some
> tables (in order to export all tables minus the one with BFILE type ?).
> I looked at JdbcModelReader class, method setDefaultTablePattern there's a
> way to specify a pattern table but no way to access it from an ANT Script.
> 2. Is there a way to handle Oracle BFILE types with DDLUtils ?
>
> Here's the error :
> Could not read the schema from the specified database: Unknown JDBC type
> code -13

Apparently, the Oracle JDBC driver does not map the BFILE datatype to
a standard JDBC datatype (-13 is not a constant defined in the
standard jdbc.sql.Types class).
Judging from this sample:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/files/advanced/BFILESample/BFileSample.java.html

the Oracle JDBC extensions have to be used if you want to work with
this datatype.
Please file an issue in JIRA for this, but note that this can only be
part of 1.1 as it requires a somewhat bigger change.

cheers,
Tom