db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven Support?
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 06:35:09 GMT
On 8/31/06, Joe Weder <jweder@gbg.com> wrote:

> I'm using maven to build applications which depend on ddlutils, not use
> ddlutils as part of maven.
>
> I don't find you in any of the standard repositories or on your site. I
> guess 'cause its early yet.

DdlUtils will be in the normal Apache repository (and thus in ibiblio)
when it releases its first official version.

> I cannot build ddlutils myself using maven... your pom.xml does not
> work. I used your ant stuff to make a ddlutils-1.0-dev.jar and then
> generated a ddlutils-1.0-dev.pom and deployed to my own repository. I
> can use it as a dependency in my other projects.
>
> Looks to me like the team is in the process of migrating to maven. I was
> hoping to encourage that.

IMHO, that is currently unlikely as I prefer Ant (and Maven would not
provide much benefit for building DdlUtils). Of course, other DdlUtils
developers might want to be able to build DdlUtils with Maven and thus
provide proper support, but for now I think all you can expect is a
POM that works for using DdlUtils as a dependency.

cheers,
Tom