db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Alex Funk <a...@alexfunk.de>
Subject Why are tables in a database ordered?
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:18:01 GMT
Hi,

I used DdlUtils to compare an existing Derby database model with a
specification xml, and 'Database#equal' returned false, although they
are equal. The reason is - I think - that tables have a certain order in
the 'Database' class, stored in an 'ArrayList'. The existing 'Database'
from 'platform.readModelFromDatabase(...)' returns the tables in a
different order than the 'Database' from 'DatabaseIO().read'.

Is there a good reason for this, or is that considered a bug? Does that
only happen with certain DBMS? Is there a workaround?

Best regards,

Alex

--
Alexander Funk, Diplom-Informatiker, IT-Berater,
Gerhard-Rohlfs-Stra├če 72b, 28757 Bremen,