db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: autoincrement
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:42:18 GMT
On 8/22/06, Rusty Wright <rusty@berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I'm also getting some warning that I don't understand (I'm a postgresql
> newbie):
>
> > CREATE SEQUENCE
> > psql:waitlist_generated.sql:40: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create
implicit index "waitlist_pkey" for table "waitlist"
> > CREATE TABLE

That's normal. PostgreSQL simply informs you that it will create an
index for the primary key (since you didn't specify one yourself).
Just ignore it.

> (I don't even know how to examine the tables that I've just created.  Duh.)

There's a commandline tool (called psql or pgsql or something like
this). On Windows, you also get a graphical client with your
PostgreSQL installation.
Since you're using Java, you can also use the great Squirrel SQL tool
(http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/).

Tom