db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: autoincrement
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 05:31:50 GMT
On 8/22/06, Rusty Wright <rusty@berkeley.edu> wrote:

> How do I specify an autoincrement column such that the generated sql
> works with both mysql and postgresql?  In my database xml file I have

I'm not quite sure what you mean ? The idea of DdlUtils is to specify
the database model in a database-independent XML format and then let
DdlUtils create the database for you or get database-specific SQL for
that XML database schema.
Especially for database creation, every database has different
statements and functionality, so it is quite likely that the SQL
generated for even the simplest database model will only work for the
database that you created the SQL for, and for no other database.

Tom