db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Big Jim <big...@speakeasy.net>
Subject Problem With Platform.alterTables(Database, boolean, boolean, boolean)
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:58:53 GMT
I am using dbutils to update a MSSQL database.  My code contains the
following statement:  platform.alterTables(database, false, true,
false); which according to the API doc should tell dbuitls to NOT
attempt to drop columns in the existing database.table that are not in
the xml schema.  Despite setting the dodrop flag to false dbutils is
attempting to drop the colomn.  This would not be a problem except that
the column has a default constraint which is not being dropped first
which causes an SQL exception can't drop column because it depends on
constraint.  Is there a way around this other then to put the column in
question back into the schema so dbutils does not try to drop it?

Thanks,
Jim