db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Kozel <s.ko...@3united.com>
Subject Re: generating documentation
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:07:32 GMT
thank you very much. I will have a look.
I already wrote a simple xslt who does the job for html.
I am currently looking into xsl-fo and the apache fop for the pdf
conversion.

cheers
Stephan

Tom Schindl schrieb:
> Thomas Dudziak schrieb:
>
>> On 7/26/06, Stephan Kozel <s.kozel@3united.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi everyone!
>>> I am using DdlUtils to generate the db-schema.xml of our database (with
>>> DatabaseToDdlTask).
>>>
>>> Now that I have this pretty db-schema.xml I am wondering how to generate
>>> html / xdoc / pdf documentation out of this file. Can someone please
>>> tell me how to do that?
>>>
>> The easiest way is probably using XSLT to generate something else.
>> E.g. with plain XSLT you can generate HTML, or by using Apache FOP you
>> can generate PDF.
>> And applying the XSLT should be as easy as using Ant's style task.
>> Just search on the Internet, there are numerous tutorials on how XSLT
>> works.
>>
>> Tom
>>

> If you need a starting point for the XSL you could look at my work in bug:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DDLUTILS-94
>
> Tom

Dipl.Ing.(FH) Stephan Kozel
Platform Development
three united mobile solutions ag
A VeriSign Company
a: Hasnerstrasse 123, A-1160 Wien
t: +43 (1) 595 58 05-511
f: +43 (1) 595 58 05-55
e: s.kozel@3united.com
w: http://www.3united.com

Notice to Recipient:

This e-mail may contain CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION intended solely for the recipient
and may not be retransmitted or copied to any party outside of the recipient's organization
without the prior written consent of the sender.