db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Ray Malanga <...@purejavasolutions.com>
Subject Is there a way to get schema and catalog into the XML file?
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 00:30:06 GMT
Hi.  I'm having a problem similar to the recent post by
"Ajay.Bh...@us.hsbc.com".

Is there a way to get DDLUtils to include the schema and catalog of a
table in the XML file?
For example, the XML generated by DDLUtils for my database may currently
look like this:

  <database name="SomeDatabase">
</database>

What I really need is this:

  <database name="SomeDatabase">
</database>

Perhaps it may help if I give a little background about my situation...
I use the DDLUtils ant task to dump each database required by my web
app.  I few XSLT and Velocity transformations later I have a completely
functional data access layer written in Java that I didn't have to write
:).  Now I have the problem where two different catalogs have a table
with the same name (but not the same structure) and I'd like to modify
my templates to carry the catalog and schema name along but I'd need
DDLUtils output to have it in there first.

ty,

- Ray M