db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Kirk True <k...@mustardgrain.com>
Subject Complex DDL
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 00:46:11 GMT
Hi all,

First off, great project! It's amazing the number of databases that are
supported.

I'm helping a client to move to a XML->SQL code generator to alleviate
ongoing porting bottlenecks between the databases they support. DdlUtils
looks like it meets a lot of what they need. Unfortunately, I wasn't
able to determine if the following features are or will be supported:

    Creating sequences/sequence tables (depending on DB support)
    Creating views with arbitrarily complex queries
    Oracle tablespace clauses for table and index creation
    Altering table columns to allow/disallow nullness, change data size,
etc.

If it fits in with the goals of the project/client, I could make an
effort at contributing all or part of the code.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Kirk