db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions when using DdlUtils and Platform.readModelFromDatabase()
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2006 09:04:47 GMT
On 6/23/06, Shaun <shaun@shaunc.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:24:50 -0500
> Shaun <shaun@shaunc.com> wrote:
>
> > Exception in thread "main" org.apache.ddlutils.DynaSqlException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException:
Invalid column name 'Zip'.
> >       at org.apache.ddlutils.platform.PlatformImplBase.readModelFromDatabase(PlatformImplBase.java:1706)
>
> Actually, this boils down to the same problem as the other exception.
> The column name is [Zip Code], not Zip (threw me off because we do have
> tables with a column named Zip), and the brackets are being stripped
> there, too.
>
> Apologies to the list - it appears this was not a DdlUtils issue.

Actually, your database uses delimited identifiers
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms176027.aspx). So, in order
to properly read the database with DdlUtils, you must turn on
delimited identifiers support via the corresponding
useDelimitedSqlIdentifiers attribute of the Ant task
(http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/ant-tasks.html#DdlToDatabaseTask+reference).

Tom