db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plataform.getAlterTablesSql results
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:23:55 GMT
On 6/14/06, Douglas Granzotto (Infoarte) <dgranzotto@infoarte.trix.net> wrote:

> Yes, I got the sources on 06/08/2006.
> The FirebirdBuider.java class is ok.
> The script generated by plataform.getAlterTablesSql(Database desiredDb,
> boolean doDrops, boolean modifyColumns, boolean continueOnError)  works
> well.
> The only problem are these lines, that I think are unnecessary.

DdlUtils will rebuild the table if the changes cannot be done via
specific SQL commands. In your case, I guess that DdlUtils detected
not only the column addition but also another change that cannot be
handled via a specific SQL statement.
Since the generated SQL does not contain the original table
definition, its hard to say what the change was that lead to the full
table rebuild. Could you perhaps post the SQL for creating the
original table ?

Tom