db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Link to an official ddlutils-dev.jar in an apache repository
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 22:31:58 GMT
Hi Tom,

On May 22, 2006, at 2:40 PM, Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> On 5/22/06, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> You can create a SNAPSHOT release and post it to your people.a.o
>> account for testing by the community prior to releasing it to the
>> wild.
>>
>> You can look at how we did it on the jdo pages db.a.o/jdo and I'll be
>> happy to discuss the process with you.
>
> I'll do that once Firebird/Interbase support is in.
> But I thought there is also a way to have snapshot releases somewhere
> where maven can find them. I'll ask on the repository mailing list
> once the snapshot is finished.

The way to do this is to publish the maven artifacts in your
people.a.o account and tell folks to update their project.properties
to refer to your account in the remote repository entry. For example,
to publish group-id org.apache.ddlutils, artifact-id ddlutils,
version 1.0SNAPSHOT,

maven.repo.remote = http://www.ibiblio.org/maven, http://www.jpox.org/
downloads/maven, http://people.apache.org/~tomdz/dist/java-repository/

This will tell maven to look in your home directory to find, e.g.
dist/java-repository/org.apache.ddlutils/jars/ddlutils-1.0SNAPSHOT.jar

Craig

> cheers,
> Tom

Craig Russell