db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems running ddlutils in our eclipse RCP application
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 08:49:01 GMT
On 5/19/06, Josef Wagner <josef.wagner@on-ergy.de> wrote:

> when I'm using ddlutils in my Eclipse RCP, I get NoClassDefFoundError and
> ClassNotFoundException.
> When running ddlutils in a standard java class with main-method, all works
> fine.
> I think the problem is the ClassLoader. I have had the same problem with
> ojb.
> There, I have fixt this problem with setting
> ojb.borker.util.ClassHelper.setClassLoader(getClass().getClassLoader())
> on startup.

I havn't used RCP yet, but this seems to be a known issue with Eclipse
RCP. Basically, you'll need to swap the plugin classloader and the lib
classloader for loading external resources and classes. Here's is a
HOWTO that might be of use:

http://gregluck.com/blog/archives/Eclipse%20OSGI%20Classloading%20Howto.pdf

Tom