db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reading exported schema fails
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 20:03:49 GMT
On 5/9/06, Minto.van.der.Sluis@amsterdam.politie.nl
> Unfortunately I can not send you the file :(
> It contains the database schema which is classified
> information. However, I included a file where I
> stripped the actual schema.

There might be an error in that Dom4j cannot set the file encoding for
the output file. I've changed that in SVN, so please try again.
You should however be aware that the task you used does not generate
the schema but instead is intended for debugging purposes (it dumps
the information returned by the JDBC driver). You'll probably want to
use the writeSchemaToFile subtask of the DatatabaseToDdlTask
(http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/ant-tasks.html#Subtask%3A+writeSchemaToFile).

Tom