db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Jun Li" <allanju...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to speed up its' work on Oracle.
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 23:27:38 GMT

> Mhmm, this largely depends on what you're doing. DDL statements
> (create table etc.) seem to work slow in Oracle, and there's probably
> nothing to be done about it (but you could search on the internet - if
> you find anything, I'd be glad to add it to DdlUtils).
> If you're inserting data into the database however, then you can use
> batch mode. The ant task has corresponding properties (on/off, number
> of inserts in each batch). You have to make sure that in the XML the
> data is layouted such that rows for the same table come next to each
> other, because every new table leads to a new batch statement.
>
> Tom

Reading Oracle model is very slow, should I define the connection parameter?
Will it help?

I used the batch mode for inserting data, but for a large amount of data
(about 80,000) in one table, it doesn't help much. It took over 12hrs to get
about 6,000 records inserted on SQL Server. However, DataToDatabaseSink
works well for other small tables. I tried to set batch size from 100 to
1000, but it doesn't make much difference in my case. Is there anyway to
improve this?

BTW, you said "create table in Oracle", I thought this function hasn't been
finished, was my memory serve me wrong or you've finished this stuff.

--
Cheers,