db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Ken Weiner" <kwei...@gmail.com>
Subject Is BOOLEAN a valid data type?
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 06:58:56 GMT
If I specify a column type of BOOLEAN in my schema.xml, DdlUtils seems
to create my database just fine, but the XML validation produces the
error whose stack track I pasted below.  Is it possible that the DTD
at http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database.dtd is out of date or
should I not be using BOOLEAN?

I see BOOLEANINT and BOOLEANCHAR in the list of valid types, but those
don't result in the creation of a BOOLEAN type for the databases that
support a BOOLEAN type.

---

SEVERE: Parse Error at line 21 column 63: Attribute "type" with value
"BOOLEAN" must have a value from the list "BIT TINYINT SMALLINT
INTEGER BIGINT FLOAT REAL NUMERIC DECIMAL CHAR VARCHAR LONGVARCHAR
DATE TIME TIMESTAMP BINARY VARBINARY LONGVARBINARY NULL OTHER
JAVA_OBJECT DISTINCT STRUCT ARRAY BLOB CLOB REF BOOLEANINT BOOLEANCHAR
DOUBLE ".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "type" with value "BOOLEAN"
must have a value from the list "BIT TINYINT SMALLINT INTEGER BIGINT
FLOAT REAL NUMERIC DECIMAL CHAR VARCHAR LONGVARCHAR DATE TIME
TIMESTAMP BINARY VARBINARY LONGVARBINARY NULL OTHER JAVA_OBJECT
DISTINCT STRUCT ARRAY BLOB CLOB REF BOOLEANINT BOOLEANCHAR DOUBLE ".
	at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.validateDTDattribute(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.addDTDDefaultAttrsAndValidate(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1610)
	at org.apache.ddlutils.io.DatabaseIO.read(DatabaseIO.java:190)