db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Report varchar for nvarchar on SQL Server.
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:33:46 GMT
On 4/26/06, Jun Li <allanjunli@gmail.com> wrote:

> The xml file generated use varchar for columns that defined as nvarchar on
> SQL Server.
> That is a problem because if I create a live database from xml file the type
> of the column will be created as varchar which should be nvarchar. I need
> nvarchar to store characters from language other than English.

Yes, well, currently DdlUtils does not support Unicode vs. Non-Unicode
directly (i.e. via a property). And since you also cannot currently
override type mappings, using Unicode is somewhat hard on Oracle or
SQL Server.
For the latter you might perhaps get away by changing the codepage:

SELECT COLLATIONPROPERTY('Latin1_General_CI_AI', 'CodePage')

Tom