db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What kind of sql will I get from platform.getAlterTablesSql?
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:04:30 GMT
On 4/21/06, Jun Li <allanjunli@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I use platform.getAlterTablesSql against two xml schemas, what kind of
> sql will I get?
> I mean for SQL Server, Oracle or other DBs, some implementations are
> different, such as for the PK auto-increment. I think it's better, if there
> is way to define what sort of sql will be generated.

Well, if you use it via the API, then you already have a specific
platform, e.g. the Oracle platform or the DB2 platform, and thus
you'll get the SQL for this platform.
And if you use it via the Ant task, then you have to specify the
platform via a corresponding attribute (databaseType at the task),
otherwise you'll get an error.

Tom