db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is BOOLEAN a valid data type?
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:02:14 GMT
On 4/19/06, Ken Weiner <kweiner@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I specify a column type of BOOLEAN in my schema.xml, DdlUtils seems
> to create my database just fine, but the XML validation produces the
> error whose stack track I pasted below.  Is it possible that the DTD
> at http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database.dtd is out of date or
> should I not be using BOOLEAN?

Seems you're right, the DTD does not contain a BOOLEAN. But that's not
a big problem, you're safer off with BIT anyway as BOOLEAN is a
JDBC3-only type (only available since Java 1.4).

> I see BOOLEANINT and BOOLEANCHAR in the list of valid types, but those
> don't result in the creation of a BOOLEAN type for the databases that
> support a BOOLEAN type.

These two are legacy extensions of Torque which have been asked for.
DdlUtils can create databases from schemas that contain these types,
but it will not use them when reading from a live database.

Tom