db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to speed up its' work on Oracle.
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:33:29 GMT
On 4/12/06, Jun Li <allanjunli@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found that running against Oracle is much much slower than on SQL Server.
> Why is that? Is there a way to speed up DdlUtils against Oracle?
> I am using ojdbc driver on Oracle 9i.

Mhmm, this largely depends on what you're doing. DDL statements
(create table etc.) seem to work slow in Oracle, and there's probably
nothing to be done about it (but you could search on the internet - if
you find anything, I'd be glad to add it to DdlUtils).
If you're inserting data into the database however, then you can use
batch mode. The ant task has corresponding properties (on/off, number
of inserts in each batch). You have to make sure that in the XML the
data is layouted such that rows for the same table come next to each
other, because every new table leads to a new batch statement.

View raw message