db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Sebastien Arbogast" <sebastien.arbog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oracle 9 and timestamp datatype
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 00:38:15 GMT
> This direction is largely dependent upon the capabilities of the JDBC
> driver. First of all, you should make sure that you're using the
> newest driver that works with your DB. Since you're using Oracle 9, I
> suggest that you update to the 10g driver if you're not already using
> it.

I'll try to see with the new driver to see if it changes anything.

> Then for Oracle, the JDBC type that the JDBC driver returns, often
> depends on the native definition. E.g. if the TIMESTAMP in the
> database uses a size specifier (e.g. TIMESTAMP(9) ), then the JDBC
> driver cannot cope with it and returns OTHER. Unfortunately, there is
> currently not much that DdlUtils can do about this.

Right, but in my ddl script, the column type is well TIMESTAMP only,
without any size specifier, so the problem shouldn't come from here.

--
S├ębastien Arbogast

Blog : http://www.sebastien-arbogast.com
The Epseelon Project : http://www.epseelon.org