db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Achille Carette" <ac...@infonie.be>
Subject Database-specific features
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:26:13 GMT
Hello,

We are writing an application that should support various database
management systems. We (would like to) use ddlutils to generate sql schema
creation scripts from an unique xml schema definition (maintaing a separate
script for each rdbms is a nightmare).

Unfortunately, the set of schema elements provided by ddlutils is quite poor
(for example, bitmap indexes or sequences are not known). Moreover,
database-dependent elements are not available (like Oracle's BLOB storage
options).

Is there any plan to support (and does this fit in DdlUtils's scope ?)
- bitmap indexes
- sequences (Oracle)
- named not null constraints
- platform-specific features (like asked in JIRA's DLLUTILS-28 issue).

Thanks,

Achille Carette
Aprico Consultants
http://www.aprico-consult.com