db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Joachim Wackerow <wacke...@zuma-mannheim.de>
Subject Comments in DTD at wrong place?
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:14:30 GMT
writeDtdToFile can generate a DTD for the data specified in the model.

Comments are written to the DTD file inside the attribute declaration.
Is this really the right place? XML Spy reports an error. I am not sure,
if comments are allowed inside of the attribute declaration of a XML
DTD. I didn't find an description where comments in a XML DTD are
allowed. In a SGML DTD comments (starting with -- ) are allowed anywhere.

Is this a bug of DdlUtils or of XML Spy?

Example:
<!ELEMENT author EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST author
<!-- organisation: JDBC type: VARCHAR(50) -->
     author_id CDATA #REQUIRED

Perhaps the comments should stay before the attribute declaration like that:
<!ELEMENT author EMPTY>
<!-- organisation: JDBC type: VARCHAR(50) -->
<!ATTLIST author
     author_id CDATA #REQUIRED

The source file src/java/org/apache/ddlutils/io/DataDtdWriter.java is
responsible for that. I made a change to this file for my usage.

Achim