db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Joachim Wackerow <wacke...@zuma-mannheim.de>
Subject DEFAULT 'NULL' instead of DEFAULT NULL
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:08:56 GMT
Hi,

I just started to try DdlUtils. I encountered following problem:

A default NULL results in 'NULL' in the SQL code not in NULL without the
quotes.

<column name="organisation" type="VARCHAR" size="50" default="NULL"/>
results in SQL code
organisation VARCHAR(50) DEFAULT 'NULL',

How can I define the NULL value in the XML file, so it does not get
interpreted as a string value? Does exist some escape character? I
looked thru the documentation, in some source files, and searched the
mailing list, but didn't find anything. Did I overlook something?

Same problem with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

<column name="timestamp" type="TIMESTAMP" default="CURRENT_TIMESTAMP"/>
results in SQL code
timestamp TIMESTAMP DEFAULT 'CURRENT_TIMESTAMP',

I like the idea of DdlUtils very much.

Achim