db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HsqlDbBuilder Bug (?)
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:41:34 GMT
On 3/23/06, Wilfred Springer <wilfred.springer@tomtom.com> wrote:

>  I'm not entirely sure if you would call this a bug, but according to the HSQLDB documentation
http://www.hsqldb.org/doc/guide/ch09.html#create_index-section , creating unique indexes is
deprecated. If you *do* create unique indexes, then you will out that HSQLDB does not support
foreign keys to tables with unique indexes spanning multiple columns. However, if you use
the alter table statement to add a unique constraint, then all works out fine.

>  This has been haunting me for a day, so I created a fix for it. (Find the patch file
in the attachment.) It would be great if this could go into the main trunk.

Thanks, seems you're right, the index will always be created for
unique constraints (http://www.hsqldb.org/doc/guide/ch02.html#N1030E),
so the extra index does not seem to make a difference (other than that
it is not fully supported apparently).

But could you please create an issue in DdlUtils' JIRA for this (link
is on the website).

cheers,
Tom