db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comments in DTD at wrong place?
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:15:32 GMT
On 3/15/06, Joachim Wackerow <wackerow@zuma-mannheim.de> wrote:

> In general I would prefer XML Schema. With XML Schema the data type
> definition is more detailled. For documentation a similar tool as dtddoc
> exists: xsddoc (http://xframe.sourceforge.net/xsddoc/). I am aware, that
> writing XML Schema's is more complicated than DTD's.

I'm not too fond of XML Schema because its way too complicated and
tool support is still not perfect. I'd much rather use RelaxNG.
That being said, I don't think that either would bring much benefit
because it would be quite difficult to determine XML type info that is
compatible to the Java/SQL types. And most users would turn it off
anyway because of the speed impact of the type checking.
Of course, you're welcome to write a Schema emitter for DdlUtils :-)

cheers,
Tom