db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comments in DTD at wrong place?
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:07:38 GMT
On 3/15/06, Joachim Wackerow <wackerow@zuma-mannheim.de> wrote:

> writeDtdToFile can generate a DTD for the data specified in the model.
>
> Comments are written to the DTD file inside the attribute declaration.
> Is this really the right place? XML Spy reports an error. I am not sure,
> if comments are allowed inside of the attribute declaration of a XML
> DTD. I didn't find an description where comments in a XML DTD are
> allowed. In a SGML DTD comments (starting with -- ) are allowed anywhere.
>
> Is this a bug of DdlUtils or of XML Spy?

I didn't yet receive a complaint of an XML parser, but honestly, I
didn't check the DTD grammar either. Anyway, I will change the
generated DTD so that it follows the style of DTDDoc
(http://dtddoc.sourceforge.net), so that one can generate nice HTML
documentation out of it.
Could you perhaps create an issue in JIRA ?

cheers,
Tom