db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bug with drop column with firebird
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:23:56 GMT
On 3/14/06, Renaud MICHEL <renaud.michel@defimedia.be> wrote:

> I just started looking at ddlutils, but encountered a small bug with
> firebird (and interbase as they are almost the same), when you drop a
> column the correct interbase syntax is
> ALTER TABLE tbl DROP col
> and do not accept a COLUMN keyword here.

Yep, database alteration is the next thing on the list.

> I provide a small patch (aigainst current svn) that implement the
> writeColumnDropStmt method for firebird and interbase.
> Should I create a new bug entry for this, or post such messages to the
> developper list?
> (I have some difficulties using that jira thing)

JIRA is definitely the the mechanism to use for bug reports and
submitting patches.
And its not so difficult. You first register, then you login and click
"Create New Issue" in the top menu. Next, you select DdlUtils as the
project and bug as the type. Now simply provide a short and a long
summary, select the component (core in your case).
You can also attach your patch there by navigating to the issue after
you've created it, and click on "Attach file" in the left menu.

cheers,
Tom