db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the support for CLOB and BLOB?
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 14:59:09 GMT
On 3/1/06, Vignesh Swaminathan <vswamina@cordys.com> wrote:

> Does DDLUtils help in overcoming the CLOB , BLOB issues with JDBC?
> Should I still use a platform specific class for CLOB and BLOB datatype?
> (any other approach other than doing a double update to insert, query
> and update with blob/clob again)?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean? DdlUtils is intended to be used
to setup databases and initialize them with data (both esp. from XML
files). You can define binary data in your data xml file (e.g. in
base64 encoding or using your own custom data converter), and DdlUtils
should write this into a Blob column without problems (same in the
other direction).

Tom