db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From sebastien.arbog...@free.fr
Subject Re: Timestamp issue
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:45:23 GMT
Selon sebastien.arbogast@free.fr:

> I'm following on my Oracle 9 issue where a timestamp-datatype column is seen
> as
> an "OTHER"-datatype.
> As advised, I've tried with the very last version of Oracle JDBC driver and
> it
> didn't solve it.
> Any idea how I could debug that ? Has anyone already encountered that issue ?

Actually, I've double-checked my DDL scripts and you were right : TINESTAMP were
actually TIMESTAMP(3). So I updated my DDL scripts to really create TIMESTAMP's
but than in the created database, I still have TIMESTAMP(6) because according
to this document (http://www.ss64.com/orasyntax/datatypes.html), 6 is the
default value for TIMESTAMP parameter.
I'll have to find a way to associate any parameterized TIMESTAMP to be
recognized as a TIMESTAMP.