db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Carlson" <Jonathan.Carl...@katun.com>
Subject Re: Simple JDBC Object relational mapping
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:03:41 GMT
The Cayenne license looks very Apache compatible and I've been very
pleased with the product.  It is quite easy to use, but also has
features for improved performance like paged queries, batch-querying of
related objects, lazy relationship loading, query caching, etc.
(http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne)

It is even possible to point Cayenne at a database and have it define a
default relationship mapping based on foreign keys, although it's not
advertised as such.  That way you don't get the benefit of putting
custom code in the databean subclasses, but it's great for quick and
dirty stuff.

- Jonathan

>>> philip.donaghy@gmail.com 2006-02-27 5:23:01 AM >>>
Thanks thomas, I am going for a web interface to the database so that
users can manage their entities without having to use sql. I am using
Andromda (open source bsd).

Andromda allows you to create a class diagram with associations to one
another. From this it generates a database schema, a spring service
layer, and web app with search, create, update, and delete
functionality.

There was an online demo but their site just got overhauled so it is
not running.

Unfortunately for apache it uses lgpl software like hibernate.

Caio

On 2/27/06, Thomas Dudziak <tomdzk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/27/06, Philip Mark Donaghy <philip.donaghy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am using a ddlutils.jar that I built from the january 20th
source
> > code. It is working as expected on my mssql and mysql test and
> > development platforms. I use both the ddlToDatabase and
databaseToDdlI
> > tasks to keep my schema independent of mysql or mssql. I am
searching
> > for a simple jdbc tool that does the most common jdbc queries.
> >
> > Has anyone used ibatis?
>
> I've never personally used iBatis though I've heard it is good.
Other

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy