db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Vignesh Swaminathan" <vswam...@cordys.com>
Subject Insert SQL error in PostgreSQL 8.1
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:57:01 GMT
Hi

I am trying to insert a row into a simple table like

CREATE TABLE orders
(
  id int4 NOT NULL,
  customerid int4,
  orderdate timestamp,
  shipdate timestamp,
  CONSTRAINT orders_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
)

When I fire an insert using Platform.insert(Database, SQL) I get an
exception message as follows. I tried printing the SQL using
Platform.getInsertSQL which returned

INSERT INTO "orders" ("id", "customerid", "orderdate", "shipdate")
VALUES ('1000', '1000', '2006-03-16 00:00:00', '2006-04-21 00:00:00')

However, when I fire this statement in the PostgreSQL query tool the
insert goes ahead without problem. Please help.

The exception stack is

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.ddlutils.DynaSqlException: Error
while inserting into the database
	at
org.apache.ddlutils.platform.PlatformImplBase.insert(PlatformImplBase.ja
va:1064)
	at
org.apache.ddlutils.platform.PlatformImplBase.insert(PlatformImplBase.ja
va:1140)
	at TestData.insertData(TestData.java:58)
	at TestData.main(TestData.java:93)
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column "orderdate"
is of type timestamp without time zone but expression is of type
character varying
	at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecu
torImpl.java:1512)
	at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImp
l.java:1297)
	at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:
188)
	at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Stateme
nt.java:430)
	at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdb
c2Statement.java:346)
	at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdbc2S
tatement.java:300)
	at
org.apache.ddlutils.platform.PlatformImplBase.insert(PlatformImplBase.ja
va:1053)
	... 3 more

<vignesh/>
"Winning solutions find the right balance between market needs and
technical needs"

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally  privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance
on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if
you have received this message in error. This email does not constitute any
commitment  from Cordys Holding BV or any of its subsidiaries except when
expressly agreed in a written agreement between the intended recipient and
Cordys Holding BV or its subsidiaries.