db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: readModelFromDatabase(string) no javadoc entry with string parame ter
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:43:17 GMT
On 2/16/06, Christian.Eugster@kost.admin.ch
<Christian.Eugster@kost.admin.ch> wrote:

> I tried to read the model from a database using the platforms
> readModelFromDatabase() method. This method seems to need a single string
> parameter the meaning of which is unknown to me. Has anybody a suggestion
> what kind of parameter it is? In javadoc I could not find this method with a
> single string parameter.

Yes, the site does not reflect the current source, but I really don't
want to update the site every other day. You can generate the current
Javadoc for yourself using

ant javadoc

To answer your question: the string parameter specifies the name of
the read model. Usually, you'd use the name of the read database (e.g.
for PostgreSQL, MySQL) or the schema name (for Oracle, Db2) for this.

Tom