db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anyone did some tests on Oracle?
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 19:25:49 GMT
On 2/10/06, Jun Li <allanjunli@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just tried to read a live database into a XML file.
> But there are a lot of system tables generated which I think shouldn't be
> included.
> My database has only one table called test. However, the XML looks like
> this:

<snip>

> I'm using Oracle 9i with JDBC ojdbc14-10.2.0.1.0
>
> And for a database with more tables (about 200), it took very long to read
> the database into model, but it has no problem of reading SQL Server
> database in with the same amount of tables. Any problem there?

The XML looks like you did not specify the schema to read which
results in an XML with all tables that you have the rights to see. For
the bigger databases (Oracle, Db2, Sql Server) you should always
specify the schema. For Oracle this is usually the same as the
username, though completely in uppercase.

Tom