db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database reserved words
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:05:00 GMT
On 2/8/06, Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderaxiom@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have seen databases where you could use reserved words anyway by
> enclosing them in quotes when being used as table names etc.
>
> Does that apply to DB2 too?

Yep, every database that DdlUtils supports except Axion is able to use
delimited identifers. These allow to use reserved words, whitespaces
etc. in table names, column names, ...
You can use these in DdlUtils by setting the corresponding property in
the Ant task or in the PlatformInfo instance of the platform (if using
the Api).
Btw, currently the delimited identifier mode is the default though
this is likely to change before the 1.0.

Tom