db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database reserved words
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:12:48 GMT
On 2/6/06, Glaucio Scheibel <glaucio.scheibel@datasul.com.br> wrote:

> I am evaluating ddlutils for my actual project and didn't find this
> information. Does ddlutils knows each database reserved words? Ex: in
> db2, I can't have a table with name 'order'.

Nope, DdlUtils does not check any names (tables, columns, ...) because
this would involve a lot of tedious work. E.g. you cannot stop at
reserved words - databases like Oracle or Db2 also create tables
themselves whose name you cannot use, and most databases create
indices for primary keys and sometimes for foreign keys with special
names that you then cannot take either.

Tom