db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oracle 9i generating empty schema file for DatabaseToDdlTask
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 10:56:52 GMT
On 2/4/06, Guy Davis <davis@guydavis.ca> wrote:

> I'm trying to generate a DDL XML file from our current database.  Here's
> my target from build.xml.  The target runs with no errors but the output
> file is empty.  Any ideas?

At first glance, this seems to a problem with rights. You should check
that you have the necessary rights to *see* the tables in the schema
DV_MASTER.
With Oracle, it is also helpful to explicitly specify the platform to
use because there are three different ones (8, 9, 10 with 8 the
default) that differ. I.e. for an Oracle9 database:

<db_to_ddl schema="DV_MASTER" databaseType="Oracle9">

It might also be helpful to run Ant with the -v or the -debug switches
in order to get more info about the Ant run.

Tom