db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Philip Mark Donaghy <philip.dona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which driver to use for ms-sql
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:32:53 GMT
Everything went well with a test database using derby. I have a few
comments and improvements to the docs. I just copied and pasted some
stuff from the docs to get started. It would be nice if the sample
schema in the docs had the xml header and the <database> tag.

And the example ant targets define runtime.classpath yet refer to it
as runtime_classpath.

These are just details but users appreciate when this works the first time.

> Hi Philip,
>
> Ignoring the fact that MS just released a completely new driver (see
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e22bc83b-32ff-4474-a44a-22b6ae2c4e17&displaylang=en)
> Jtds is far superiour :)
> Afaik the new driver is a complete rewrite my MS itself (the old driver was not written
my MS
> itself, if I understood that correctly).
>
> Just one warning : we dind't get around to test/fix ddlutils for usage with sqlserver
2000 and 2005
> after the refactor.

I'm going to try ms-sql next.

Ok, I'll try it and if it doesn't work I'll edit the ddl by hand from
the derby ddl.

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy