db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Laurent Sacaut <lsac...@8d.com>
Subject NullPointerException when trying to use SqlBuilder.alterDatabase
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:13:09 GMT
Hello,

I am getting familiarized with DdlUtils using a MySQL 4.1x database. I
am trying to alter an existing database so that new tables are created
and new columns are added to existing tables.
I am using the changeDatabase(..) as shown in the API usage example. I
keep getting an error at some point.

I traced the code and found out that it happens when
SqlBuilder.alterDatabase(Database currentModel, Database desiredModel,
CreationParameters params, boolean doDrops, boolean modifyColumns) is
called, more specifically when params is null (which it is in my case).

I narrowed it down to the createTable(desiredModel, desiredTable,
params.getParametersFor(desiredTable)) call in that function. It does
not go in, I guess because of the null params but I could be wrong. It
jumps out with the following message: java.lang.NullPointerException.
there is no more details about the exception.

Is there a way around this or some settings I missed?
thx.
Laurent