db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: probem reading oracle database?
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:32:24 GMT
On 1/22/06, Guy Davis <davis@guydavis.ca> wrote:
> I had the same problem on Friday after trying out ddlutils for the first
> time.  I'm hoping to pull the schema off our main Oracle 9i database and
> let me automatically load it onto developer workstations running Oracle
> 10g Express Edition via the Ant tasks.  Any ideas on how to get around
> this issue would be most appreciated.

FYI, I'm currently struggling to setup a Oracle 10 for testing.
I've already adapted the dump task, and it would be nice if you could
test it on your 9i like this:

    <taskdef name="dumpMetadata"
             classname="org.apache.ddlutils.task.DumpMetadataTask">
             classpathref="project.class.path"/>
    <dumpMetadata outputfile="db-metadata.xml"
                  catalogpattern=""
                  schemapattern="SOMESCHEMA"
                  tablepattern=""
                  procedurepattern=""
                  tabletypes="TABLE" >
      <database driverclassname="${datasource.driverClassName}"
                url="${datasource.url}"
                username="${datasource.username}"
                password="${datasource.password}"/>
    </dumpMetadata>

This should run through (though it might take a bit, esp. when reading
the procedures which you can turn it off with the dumpProcedures task
attribute) and the created XML file should contains all tables etc.
that you were expecting.

Tom