db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: other open source projects using ddlutils?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 21:04:48 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Carlson wrote:
> I'm curious if there are any open-source projects, other than Torque and
> OJB, using DDLUtils.

I cannot think of one actually.

> It would be cool to see an open-source web-based database management
> app using it.

Absolutely agree. Who knows one day I will open source mine, although my solution has the
goal of actually totally hiding the concept of "databases" to the users.
Though I can think of lot's of other open source projects that currently have pod (plane old
ddl :) in their source tree, where ddlutils would be very useful..
When we are closer to a release, I will try to propose usage of ddlutils to some of those
projects.

> Also, I know this next question belongs on the Torque and OJB lists
> (but I'm not on those and I don't feel like joining if the answer to
> this question is "no").  Do both of them require pre-compiled Java bean
> classes for their persistence?   Or do they have support for using
> DynaBeans (or similar) like DDLUtil does?

Afaik, out of the box they both need pre-compiled java classes, though I think OJB is flexible
enough to add support for eg DynaBeans. I am not an expert at all on this, so your safest
bet is to ask the questions on the torque and ojb lists anyway.

Mvgr,
Martin