db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Ken Weiner <kwei...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem validating XML
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:22:52 GMT
Since XML validation was enabled by default in DatabaseIO, I have run into
an error when I run DdlUtils.  My database XML file and resulting stack
track are shown below.  Do I need to modify or add something to my XML file
or is there a problem with the DTD?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<database name="database-name">
   ...(the table definitions)
</database>

SEVERE: Parse Error at line 10 column 33: Document root element "database",
must match DOCTYPE root "null".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element "database", must match
DOCTYPE root "null".
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException
(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:236)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(
ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:172)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(
XMLErrorReporter.java:382)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(
XMLErrorReporter.java:316)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.rootElementSpecified
(XMLDTDValidator.java:1652)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement
(XMLDTDValidator.java:1931)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(
XMLDTDValidator.java:795)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement
(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:878)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook
(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1157)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch
(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1794)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument
(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(
XML11Configuration.java:834)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(
XML11Configuration.java:764)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(
XMLParser.java:148)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(
AbstractSAXParser.java:1242)
    at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1685)
    at org.apache.ddlutils.io.DatabaseIO.read(DatabaseIO.java:190)