db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: other open source projects using ddlutils?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:41:20 GMT
On 12/8/05, Jonathan Carlson <Jonathan.Carlson@katun.com> wrote:
> I'm curious if there are any open-source projects, other than Torque and
> OJB, using DDLUtils.
> It would be cool to see an open-source web-based database management
> app using it.

Don't know about any, but we have not yet had an official release, so
that's not actually surprising.

> Also, I know this next question belongs on the Torque and OJB lists
> (but I'm not on those and I don't feel like joining if the answer to
> this question is "no").  Do both of them require pre-compiled Java bean
> classes for their persistence?   Or do they have support for using
> DynaBeans (or similar) like DDLUtil does?

OJB should be able to handle DynaBeans (havn't used them myself, but
there is definitely support for setting fields at DynaBeans). If not,
you can raise an issue and I'll add it (being myself an OJB
I somewhat doubt that Torque can deal with DynaBeans because its
purpose is to generate Java classes for a database schema.

You can always search the mailing lists there to see if anybody asked
something along that route before (check http://marc.theaimsgroup.com
for searchable archives).

View raw message