db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using DdlUtils in an XMLBeans Sample
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:44:27 GMT
On 12/5/05, Philip Mark Donaghy <philip.donaghy@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a XMLBeans sample that uses DdlUtils. It was using a development
> version of Jakarta SQL Commons until that disappeared. I've upgraded it to
> use DdlUtils. See the patch to this issue,
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-227, because it is not in the
> subversion repository yet.
>
> The sample generates an ojb, torque database schema from any xml schema
> using Velocity. The advantage of using XMLBeans is its robust XML Type API
> used to determine whether or not a xml schema type can be represented by a
> database type.

That's cool ! As it happens, I'll be doing a talk at the ApacheCon
about XML mapping @ Apache, which also talks about XmlBeans :-)
Please be so kind and notify us when the sample is in SVN, I'd like to
put a link to it from the DdlUtils page.

> What is the road map with DdlUtils, Is there going to be a release any time
> soon?

You can expect the 1.0 release the end of this year/the beginning of
next year. There are a couple of issues to fix yet (mostly related to
reading the model from the live database), but I think I got time for
them after ApacheCon.

regards,
Tom