db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The discussion about extension attributes
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:09:14 GMT
On 11/7/05, wang lei <wl_95421@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> I am writing a ui tool for database model.
> So i want to use ddlutils as the model.
> But i need to mark the location of the table,view and other information.
> So i suguest there should be a extension attribute just like a map or other classes to
stroe addtional infomation.

I'd suggest you rather define your own XML that you loosely couple to
the database model XML by refering to the model elements by name, eg.
via databaseName>.<tableName>.<columnName> etc.

> I also want to know whether the ddlutils support proceudre and view.

No, because there is no standardized way to do so. Oracle views are
supported when they can be referred to as a database name (because
then for JDBC they are a database instance).

Tom