db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From <stathatos2004-l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Are catalog and schema names largely ignored?
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:08:18 GMT
I started looking into DdlUtils as a very attractive approach to deal  with automatic database
creation and evolution. After doing some tests  (with postgres so far) and looking into the
code, it seems that the  catalogs and schemas of tables are ignored in several places (through
 out?) including database comparisons, databases XML I/O, and SQL  generation. As a result,
if a user has access to more than one schemas  (possibly sharing some table names) things
usually don't work. Is this  a correct assesemt or am I missing something? If it is correct,
is this  intentional for some reason or a current implementation limitation?