db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fix in DDLUtils 1.0 - mapping.xml
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:40:16 GMT
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Mitev, Mitko <mitko.mitev@siemens.com> wrote:

> I have just started to use DdlUtils tool for creating our application Db. I am using
now DdlUtil 1.0.  I found the tool quite useful and intersting. During the work with the
tool I found an error too. If I created a database schema based on database.dtd schema and
I defined for the database also unique and foreign keys, I got an errors during the creation
of database (Database.readDatabaseFromXML() method) saying that the column <name of key>
doesn't have a type.

> I found that the issue was in the  mapping.xml file - there was missing a mmapping for
uniquie and foreign keys in the element <table>. I added the missing mapping and now
I can create a DB from xml file including foregein and unique keys.

> Now I have a question how can I release this fix into DDlUtils repository.

Please file a bug in DdlUtils' JIRA
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10731),
and attach any info that you have (e.g. database schema, SQL, code
snippets ...). If you have a patch, even better, just attach it to the
bug :-)

cheers,
Tom