db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel López <D.Lo...@uib.es>
Subject Re: Additions to generated XML
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:28:46 GMT
Hi Thomas,

 >> I got the source from SVN and I'll see if I can patch at least the
 >> regexp tablename detector to help with issue DDLUTILS-87.
 >
 > If you could attach a unified diff to the JIRA issue, that would be
awesome!

 > cheers,
 > Tom

I added initial support for the filtering of "tables" (quoted as they
can be tables, views or other table types). I simply added a new
parameter to the DatabaseToDdlTask and passed the parameter until it
reaches the JDBCModelReader, where the filter is applied. Null or ""
string means all the tables are processed.

I was not sure if we would want to use a  filter when altering the
tables, so I simply passed a null in all the calls that read the model
to later alter it.

I used "tableTypes" parameter as model and followed more or less the
same conventions. That means I also did not "log" anywhere the filter
value... I guess having it explicitely written in the ant task might be
good enough, even though spitting out the filter being used in debug
mode might be useful, in case some people pass the filter value as
property or can read just the output and not the task configuration.

Before adding it to the JIRA issue, I'm sending it to verify the patch
format is ok with you. I created it with the Eclipse, Team -> create
patch utility.

I did some tests with a DB of mine and everything works as expected, are
there any "formal" tests you use for such contributions? The patch is
quite simple, but I'd hate to break other parts ;).

S!
D.
Daniel Lopez Janariz (D.Lopez@uib.es)
Web Services