db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "Wessam Abd Rabo" <wessam.abdr...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: MalFormedURL Exception
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:32:44 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wessam Abd Rabo <wessam.abdrabo@gmail.com>
Date: Sep 20, 2007 2:31 PM
Subject: MalFormedURL Exception
To: nbdev@netbeans.org

Hi,

I thinks i figured out that the reason for this exception is a problem with
parsing the string filename sent to the DatabaseIO.read(filename) method
into a URL. As i got the source of ddluitls, i found the implementation of
the read method as follows:

 public Database read(String filename) throws DdlUtilsException {
       Database model = null;
        try
        {
            model = (Database)getReader().parse(filename);  //the
problematic part
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            throw new DdlUtilsException(ex);
        }
        model.initialize();
        return model;
 }

I tried different formats. I tried passing the name as "db.xml", and
"H:\\db.xml", and "file:/H:/db.xml", nothing solved the problem. What can
cause a string filename to give an error on parsing?

Wessam