db-ddlutils-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Release candidate 1 cut
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 02:53:45 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've cut a first release candidate for DdlUtils 1.0. It can be found here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~tomdz/ddlutils/DdlUtils-1.0-RC1.jar
> http://people.apache.org/~tomdz/ddlutils/DdlUtils-1.0-RC1-doc.zip
>
> Please give it a go and report any bugs (make sure to set the affected
> version to 1.0 RC1).
> If there are no significant bugs, I think 1.0 can be released within
> the next 2 weeks.
>
> Also, please don't upload this to Maven, it is not an officially
> endorsed release, only a candidate. We will upload the final release
> to the Maven repos as part of the release.

I finally took a quick look and have some items. If you'd prefer that I
log Jira issues, just let me know.

1) The distributions aren't signed.

2) Are you going to include a src distribution? --It looks like
DdlUtils-1.0-RC1.jar just has class files.

3) I don't see a LICENSE or NOTICE file [1].

4) I didn't run RAT, but I did run the insert_license.pl [2] script in
the committer's repo in practice mode. Lots of files have the old Apache
header in place.

here's context:

AL-20 = Apache License 2.0 with original Copyright line.
AL-20a = Apache License 2.0 with original Copyright line and "or its
licensors".

And here are the files with the wrong header:

ddlutils/src/test/org/apache/ddlutils/package.html, extension=.html,
fileType=html, Found existing license (licenseType=AL-20) so skipping,
WARN: old AL-20 copyright notice
ddlutils/src/test/org/apache/ddlutils/dynabean/package.html,
extension=.html, fileType=html, Found existing license
(licenseType=AL-20) so skipping, WARN: old AL-20 copyright notice
ddlutils/src/test/org/apache/ddlutils/io/package.html, extension=.html,
fileType=html, Found existing license (licenseType=AL-20) so skipping,
WARN: old AL-20 copyright notice
ddlutils/src/test/org/apache/ddlutils/io/converters/package.html,
extension=.html, fileType=html, Found existing license
(licenseType=AL-20) so skipping, WARN: old AL-20 copyright notice
ddlutils/src/test/org/apache/ddlutils/platform/package.html,
extension=.html, fileType=html, Found existing license
(licenseType=AL-20) so skipping, WARN: old AL-20 copyright notice
ddlutils/src/test/org/apache/ddlutils/alteration/package.html,
extension=.html, fileType=html, Found existing license
(licenseType=AL-20) so skipping, WARN: old AL-20 copyright notice
ddlutils/src/test/org/apache/ddlutils/model/package.html,
extension=.html, fileType=html, Found existing license
(licenseType=AL-20) so skipping, WARN: old AL-20 copyright notice
ddlutils/src/doc/src/documentation/classes/CatalogManager.properties,
extension=.properties, fileType=unknown, Found existing license
(licenseType=AL-20a) so skipping, WARN: old AL-20a copyright notice

These files are missing the header:

ddlutils/src/test-input/test-start.xml, extension=.xml, fileType=xml,
Insert new license
ddlutils/src/test-input/datamodel.xml, extension=.xml, fileType=xml,
Insert new license
ddlutils/src/xml/database2ojb.xsl, extension=.xsl, fileType=xml, Insert
new license
ddlutils/src/java/org/apache/ddlutils/task/VerbosityLevel.java,
extension=.java, fileType=C, Insert new license

5) In DdlUtils-1.0-RC1-doc.zip , the Copyright put into the
forrest-generated footers is 2005. Is that correct? Or does the forrest
skinconf.xml need to be updated?

that's all I've found so far ....

 -jean

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice